10/6/09

Happy October! I know I haven't wrote in a while but I've been busy... you know.. with school, grocery shopping, homework, eating, and facebook stalking.  ...don't judge. you've probably been doing/have done the same.

Anyways.. today I came back from my first weekend trip to central, andddd I almost missed my train. It was supposed to leave at 447.. i got there at 443... (I got lost two times on my drive to the station. I blamed it on mapquest.. but I'm pretty sure I'm just an idiot). So there I was, running for my life, while carrying my backpack, Mary Poppin's sized purse, and winter jacket that my mom fedex'd to me, hoping that the train wouldn't start chugging away even though all the doors were already closed and locked. That's when one of the conductors poked his head out of the window and said, "Don't worry hun! We won't leave without ya!" I just laughed and ran along, probably looking like a crazy. I appreciated his kindness.. at the same time.. I was glad that the passengers weren't able to hear him. Although I'm sure that I brought enough attention to myself by awkwardly running along.

I got back alright though (obviously). I just want to say, that I love Chicago, and the buildings and the lights, but I miss my trees. And all the pretty colors that they change in fall. You don't get that so much in Chicago. Fall is cloudy and cold here, not so much crisp. Def. not about picking apples and pumpkins and going to haunted hay rides and bonfires. Here, fall is just a warning for the coming winter. I suppose you have to give up some things to get others. Which could also describe the relationship between how difficult it is to be able to see my boyfriend, and me living in my (currently) favorite city... See ya next month Chris:-/ 

I'm not complaining though! Don't you dare for a second think that that is what is going on. I love Chicago, I love the choice I made, and I wouldn't take it back for anything. There are things that I wish I could kind of glitch, but I can't. Life. 

-I Am Haley, A Tired-and-Kind-of-Sad-(Although-She-Has-No-Legitimate-Reason-to-Be) City Virgin

No comments:

Post a Comment