9/15/09

There was this really awkward kid standing in the elevator with me today. He had a bunch of camera equipment (monopod, tripod, camera case, backpack, blah blah blah...) and it was obvious that he was having a rough time lugging everything. When his floor came up he tried to exit the elevator but somehow all his gear kept getting stuck in the doors. When he was completely free he scurried out of sight. 

... I really just wanted to give him a hug and tell him that I knew exactly the embarrassment he was feeling, since I had just flashed a professional looking business man, and twenty art students my undies (and the holes in them) while walking over a subway grate. 

"wait, wait. holes in them????" you may ask. 

"Why yes!" I reply. "I'm a starving artist now. Instead of underwear, I have to buy seventy dollars worth of colored pencils!" 

This is the moment where I realize that I am a fool. 

... I Am Haley, A Pea-Brained City Virgin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment